We have so many places on our bucket list that we want to check off..
We’re going to Iceland
Sept 11th-16th, 2019
Will you join us on an unforgettable adventure?
On this journey we hope to show and give you..
- How we travel
- The in’s & out’s of how to travel on a budget
- Give you a taste of adventure outside of your comfort zone
- Overcome fears whether thats adventure based or internal
- Unlimited professional photos of your trip!
We are seeking 4 individuals to join us
What do we plan to do and why should we go with you!?
I’m so glad you asked!
Traveling is the master teacher of SO many lessons. It gets us out of our comfort zone which you already know we are all about, it allows you to experience a culture different than your own and lastly we live on a BEAUTIFUL floating ball in the middle of the universe which is full of canyons, waterfalls, oceans and beauty that is meant to be explored. Why wait til were retired to travel the world, the time is now. We are offering you a trip of a lifetime…NOW
When we travel; we immerse. I don’t want to say we go off the beaten path because we are very respectful to nature and its pristine beauty, we don’t destroy it by walking off trail, but we definitely try to go where most tourists don’t. We will CLIMB, yes literally rock climb. Climbing is not a touristy or common thing to do so it tends to take us to the most beautiful hidden places. We will hike to the top of mountains or edges of canyons to BREATHE. We will swim, YES SWIM in the ocean that is freezing cold because life is about living and checking things off that bucket list and being able to tell your kids about the crazy things you did in Iceland that one time. We don’t let fear get in the way. We will STAY with locals and meet our host families learning their story and history of how they came to be, because that’s what’s important when being a guest in someone else’s home country. We aren’t your normal travel guide agency, we are here to build a relationship with you and give you an experience that is different and bold. This is meant to be an intimate trip that will be filled with adventure, hopefully some self healing and ulitmately an experience that is unforgettable. I hope you will join us.
Things you must know before coming;
- By coming with us you are entrusting us to set up a trip to give you an experience of a lifetime.
- Sometimes things don’t go as planned when traveling and itineraries are very good guidelines but not meant to be stuck to like glue. Being flexible is kinda a must.
- September is known to their Northern Lights but we can’t promise you we will see them.. but man, do I hope we do!!!!
- We are planning on taking a day or two to climb, we would highly encourage you to join us on this event and try it with us but we by no means are pressuring you to do so!
- We can’t control the weather.
- We don’t have to do everything together! Sometimes traveling with other couples or people can be hard! We will have plenty of free time and down time to decompress or do things on your own!
- We have never been here before either, but traveling is something we were meant to do and are very confident with figuring things out in foreign countries as we go. We were once volcano evacuees in Asia. That was crazy.
Where will we be staying?
We will be traveling through southern Iceland going as far as Hof, staying in various Air Bnb Homes, vacation rentals etc. We don’t do hotel/resort life and trust us.. its way more fun this way! Below are some of the homes we will stay in! Please note, these homes might change depending on if we have couples, singles, less people joining, etc.
The tentative Itinerary is below
- Fly into Reykjavik
- Expore city of Reykjvaik and attractions (Blue Lagoon, Ófærufoss Water fall)
- Day 3 Drive to Fjaorargljufur Canyon & Day Hike – Lodging in surrounding area
- Day 4 Drive to Hof – Climbing
- Day 5 & 6 – Secrete Lagoon & Golden Circle
- Fly Out of Reykjavik on Day 6
This sounds great.. now tell me how much already..
$1100 – due to reserve spot
$1100 – due Sept 10th
- Lodging for 6 Days & 5 Nights
- Meals – 3 meals a day for 6 days
- Breakfast will be cooked in our lodge or quick on the go, most of the time
- Lunch & Dinner will be a variation of dining out and staying in.
- Rental Car for entire stay
- John or I will be the one driving always.
- Cost for any activities – National parks, Blue lagoon, etc
Whats not included:
- Airfare to Iceland
- Average plane ticket from; Chicago – $600 round trip, Minneapolis – $550 Round trip – ITS SO CHEAP GUYS!!!!!
- Souvenirs or shopping
To keep space in our rental car for everyone we will ask you to pack light and limit your luggage to one bag + one personal bag.
- Hiking backpack
- Winter Coat & Raincoat
- Layers (average temp says 50 degrees)
- Hiking shoes
- Climbing gear (if you own)
- Water bottle
Please fill out this short inquiry form as well as the Adventure Liability Release! DON’T FORGET TO HIT BOTH SUBMIT BUTTONS!
Adventure Liability Release
In consideration of the services provided by Nicolette Wagner & John Kingston – Living Unbound, their agents, owners, officers, volunteers, employees, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf, I hereby agree to release, indemnify, and discharge Nicolette & John, on behalf of myself, my spouse, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate as follows:
1. I acknowledge that my participation in guided rock climbing, hiking, polar plunging and bouldering activities entails known and unanticipated risks that could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to myself, to property, or to third parties. I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity.
The risks include, among other things: the hazards of walking on uneven terrain; slips and falls; rope burns; pinches, scrapes, twists and jolts that could result in scratches, bruises, sprains, lacerations, fractures, concussions, or even more severe life threatening hazards; being struck by rock fall or other objects dislodged or thrown from above; the use of ropes and equipment; the forces of nature, including lightning and rapid weather changes; the risk of falling off the rock; exposure to temperature and weather extremes which could cause hypothermia, hyperthermia (heat related illnesses), heat exhaustion, sunburn, dehydration; and exposure to potentially dangerous wild animals, insect bites, and hazardous plant life; the negligence of other participants or persons who may be present or other known and unknown hunting parties who may not be present; my own physical condition, and the physical exertion associated with this activity.
Furthermore, Nicolette & John personnel have difficult jobs to perform. They seek safety, but they are not infallible. They might be unaware of a participant’s fitness or abilities. They might misjudge the weather or other environmental conditions. They may give incomplete warnings or instructions, and the equipment being used might malfunction.
- I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in this activity. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of the risks.
- I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Nicolette Wagner & John Kingston from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity or my use of Living Unbound’s equipment or facilities, including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of Living Unbound.
- Should Nicolette Wagner or John Kingston or anyone acting on their behalf, be required to incur attorney’s fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
- I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further certify that I am willing to assume the risk of any medical or physical condition I may have.
- In the event that I file a lawsuit against Nicolette Wagner & John Kingston, I agree to do so solely in the state of Nebraska, and I further agree that the substantive law of that state shall apply in that action without regard to the conflict of law rules of that state. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining document shall remain in full force and effect.
By signing this document, I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged during my participation in this activity, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against Nicolette Wagner or John Kingston on the basis of any claim from which I have released them herein. I also agree that this document is valid for subsequent visits and participation at Living Unbound Retreats.